Saturday, February 25, 2017

Happy 5th Birth-day Moroni!

I had an strong desire to get back to creating items to donate.  I know it has been a while, but I didn't realized it has been 3 years since I made a donation!  No wonder I was so ready to get back to it!  I have really enjoyed working on these items over the last few weeks!  Almost all of the diapers were already in my collection, created by a young woman in my ward, and her leader.  I just hadn't made it over to the hospital, and then they were placed in a box and put on the 'back burner' for a while.

I was excited to find that I had fabric remnants that matched the diapers, so I could make matching blankets.  I loved working on the blankets!!  So, in all, I donated 4 small boy diapers with matching blankets, 4 small girl diapers with matching blankets, 4 large boy diapers with matching blankets, and 4 large girl diapers with matching blankets.  I also created 5 girl ribbon angels and 5 boy ribbon angels.

I went this evening to deliver the items to Mountain View Hospital in Idaho Falls.  Brad and Sean Jr came with me.  I loved the reaction of the nurses!  They were all so sweet, and very excited to see the items.  I think each one said, "Thank you" to us.  ♥  It was slightly overwhelming and completely humbling.  I held back the tears as I walked away.

There are a few reasons I do this.  It originally helped me find meaning in Moroni's death.  It helps me find peace in my experience to know that other people can have some treasured keepsakes if they even find themselves losing a baby.  I never would want anyone to suffer losses like I have, but if they do, I want them to know that they are not alone, and that their baby was/is very loved!!

So, here are some pictures of what I donated:







This one might be my favorite!  I love the big stars and little stars!

















A thought that I printed out to go along with each diapers/blanket set.

A special note created by the group that started the diapers.

And a special note honoring Moroni.

And the angels. ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment