Tuesday, May 8, 2012

First of Many Donations

I have been looking forward to this day for a while now, and I am so happy with the results.
I also look forward to many, many more donations.

Today, after school, I gathered everything and headed to Mountain View Hospital to donate all the items that have been prepared for this day.

So, in loving memory of my first, sweet baby Nicholas...
Here are the items:

20 Mini Bears
Made with the help of Cassi Matthews and Samantha Mitchell

Up Close

6 Crochet Hats
 Made by my niece Madi

Beautiful Blankets
Made by my sister Emily
2 medium size boy blankets
1 medium size girl blanket
3 small size girl blankets
1 small size boy blanket

I added some with the measuring tape, so you can see their size.

Abigail is the daughter of my sisters friend.
They lost her last year in April.
My sister Emily made these blankets in memory of Abigail.
I am honored that I was able to add these items to my donation today.


These blankets are also near and dear to my heart.
Emily makes "Emmy Blankets" for every member of her family.
Emily made an Emmy Blanket for Nicholas.
The two larger blankets here were Nicholas' original Emmy Blanket, but Emily changed her mind and created a new Emmy Blanket for Nicholas.
She recently pulled out the quilt top, un-stitched it so it was two pieces, and made these beautiful blankets for me to donate in honor of Nicholas.
I love them, and I know that they will be treasured blankets for someone who unfortunately suffers the loss of a baby.




2 Crochet Blankets
Made by Alex Gneiting

5 Sets of Matching Mother/Daughter Bracelets
Made by my sister Kim
 Up Close


8 Small Stuffed Animals
From my sister Stephanie

Up Close

Another Up Close

8 Medium Memory Boxes
From my sisters Emily and Rachel

Diapers (again)
We had 28 of the small and 38 of the big

 Everything bagged up and ready to go.

In addition to these items, I had 16 large boxes to donate and 1 medium box.

I was warmly received at the hospital and the nurse I talked with was so kind and thankful for these donations.  I am truly thankful and humbled by the response I have been receiving and I hope that these items help comfort others who are grieving the loss of their baby.


(Added post-publish)
I feel silly to have made such a simple error, but on the little notes I attached to some of the items, I put the wrong birth year for Nicholas.  He was born in 2002... not 2001.  I wish I had done it correctly, but I know it does not lessen the importance of this donation and all the good that it will do for others.  ♥

4 comments:

  1. Sara - It all looks so wonderful!! And, as you wrote, it is the first of many donations to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all sara. Just amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added a little note to explain the I made a mistake on what year Nicholas was born. *sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful donation! I can only imagine the happiness and gratitude the hospital felt towards this donation. I so happy for you. This is a admirable goal and calling.

    ReplyDelete