Sunday, May 6, 2012

Comforting Hearts Service Project Event

We had about a dozen people show up to our service project event.
It was a great experience and I am thankful for the support we received!


Emily and Cassi

Madi and me

Madi

Cassi

Samantha and Cassi
Working on mini bears

Madi
Working on hats

Misty and Robert
Working on memory boxes
 Linda and Melissa
Cutting and pinning diapers

Display of my Memory Boxes for Nicholas and Moroni

Kim and Emily
Sewing diapers

Misty D, Robert, Misty and Melissa
Working on memory boxes

Display of items already donated

Diapers ready to be donated
 

 


Linda, Emily, Alex, and Madi

Thank you to everyone for your support.
I am hoping to have another event some time in July.
It really is a beautiful thing to have people come together, unselfishly, donating their time and talents for the benefit of others.

I know there were more people that wanted to come, but it just didn't work out for them.  But, they were willing to donated fabric, boxes, refreshments, the use of their sewing machines, glue guns and scrapbook paper.

I am so excited for Tuesday to take these amazing items to the hospital in honor of my sweet baby Nicholas.

5 comments:

  1. Sara it looks AMAZING! I am so sad I missed it. This donation is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Where did you get the cute pink safety pins?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amber! I am so excited to donate and continue to donate!!!

    The Kimmels, I actually have lots of different colors of pins, but for some reason I only took up close of the pink. Ü One of my sisters bought some of the diaper pins at Babies'R'Us, and I also found a package of diaper pins on amazon.com for a great deal. I really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! I am so glad so many people came and that you got so many things accomplished! That is wonderful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was planning on coming for part of the time and bringing some boxes because I was coming to IF for Debra's bridal shower. However, I came down with an awful cough and cold and did not come to IF until Saturday afternoon. Then I turned around and came right back to Twin Falls. I am so proud of you and will keep gathering items for your next donation!

    ReplyDelete